My goal is to keep this guide as up to date as possible.
If you have new information about restaurants listed, or I've omitted
your favorite Waltham restaurant, please let me know. Some good suggestions
I've received from readers: list Kosher and Halal restaurants, list places that have brunch,
note whether the restaurant delivers, or has takeout. All Waltham restaurants are now
Reviews or other comments from readers are welcome. Contact Scott at
Alphabetized list of all current restaurants |
All restaurants, by category |
Restaurants on Main and Moody Streets |
Waltham Brunch Page |
The history of Waltham restaurants |
Alphabetized list of all restaurants, open and closed |
Reviews of all restaurants, open and closed |
of restaurants that have closed
News and reviews
September 6, 2018 - A new restaurant called Balani is on its way to 469 Moody Street, former location
of Raffaele's Ristorante. Dave Becker, owner of an Italian
restaurant in Needham and an Eastern Mediterranean place in Wellesley, says the new establishment will
have an eclectic menu.
September 3, 2018 - The Waltham Channel also reported that Korean fried chicken chain BonChon, who announced
in 2016 that they would be opening at 329 Moody Street, have acquired the beer and wine license transferred
from Sushi Box. They are now ready to move forward with the opening of the 78-seat location.
September 3, 2018 - The Sushi Box, at 617 Main Street, is planning to close, according to a report from The Waltham Channel. They will be replaced by
Aries Noodle and Dumpling, featuring Korean fried chicken and Northern Chinese cuisine.
August 30, 2018 - According to this story, The Local Kitchen & Drinks, a small New England chain,
is planning to open a restaurant on Third Avenue, at the site of the former
- May 31, 2018 - Hakata Ramen opened at 895 Main Street.
- April 29, 2018 - Raffaele's Ristorante closed.
- April 19, 2018 - Flank closed both their Waltham location and their other restaurant in Sudbury.
- March 31, 2018 - Bonefish Grill closed. The parent company that owns the chain
is having financial difficulties.
- August 23, 2017 - I heard today that Santa Banta is closed to make room for expansion of Moody's next door. An article by the Boston Globe on June 9 stated: "Meanwhile, Santa Banta will reopen in Arlington as Singh Saab, replacing Punjabi Tadka (444 Massachusetts Ave. at Swan Place) at the end of June."