Waltham, MA food page
This is a list of businesses frequented by the editors of the
Waltham Community Web. As you will see, we favor
locally run businesses over mega-chains, but sometimes
there is no choice.
- Food stores
- The best, freshest locally grown produce is available at the
Waltham Farmers Market, but only
on Saturdays from June to October.
- Russo's is really in Watertown, just over the line on River Street,
and has fresh and varied produce from all over the world, all year round.
- Victory Supermarket is at 836 Main Street (781-893-6776)
where Shaw's used to be, where the Waltham Supermarket
(see scan of logo from shopping bag)
used to be.
Good variety of brands, but the checkout lines are slow in the afternoons. Non-union shop.
- Demos - Good inexpensive Greek cuisine - Lexington and Emerson
- Anna's Pizza - 873 Main Street.
Anna, who had been in charge since 1979, left the storefront late in 2001.
Still a great value and menu, but the new management is still learning to equal
the toasted Italian subs I went in for.
- What to eat
Waltham Community home page
Comments and suggestions welcome.
Send email to Scott Shurr at
All rights reserved.
Created: August 2002. Updated: 07 May 2011
...always under construction!