Waltham, MA food page
This is a list of businesses frequented by the editors of the
Waltham Community Web. As you will see, we favor
locally run businesses over mega-chains, but sometimes
there is no choice.
- Food stores
- The best, freshest locally grown produce is available at the
Waltham Farmers Market, but only
on Saturdays from June to October.
- Russo's is really in Watertown, just over the line on River Street,
and has fresh and varied produce from all over the world, all year round.
- Hannaford is at 836 Main Street (781-893-6776)
where Victory Supermarket used to be, where Shaw's used to be, where the Waltham Supermarket
(see scan of logo from shopping bag)
used to be.
- Demos Restaurant - Good inexpensive Greek cuisine - Lexington and Emerson
- Anna's Pizza - 873 Main Street.
Anna, who had been in charge since 1979, left the storefront late in 2001.
Still a great value and menu, but the new management is still learning to equal
the toasted Italian subs I went in for.
- What to eat
Waltham Community home page
Comments and suggestions welcome.
Send email to Scott Shurr at
All rights reserved.
Created: August 2002. Updated: 26 December 2018
...always under construction!