My goal is to keep this guide as up to date as possible.
If you have new information about restaurants listed, or I've omitted
your favorite Waltham restaurant, please let me know. Some good suggestions
I've received from readers: list Kosher and Halal restaurants, list places that have brunch,
note whether the restaurant delivers, or has takeout. All Waltham restaurants are now
Reviews or other comments from readers are welcome. Contact Scott at
Alphabetized list of all current restaurants |
All restaurants, by category |
Restaurants on Main and Moody Streets |
Waltham Brunch Page |
The history of Waltham restaurants |
Alphabetized list of all restaurants, open and closed |
Reviews of all restaurants, open and closed |
of restaurants that have closed
News and reviews
- April 19, 2018 - Flank closed both their Waltham location and their other restaurant in Sudbury.
- March 31, 2018 - Bonefish Grill closed. The parent company that owns the chain
is having financial difficulties.
- September 7, 2017 - Mike & Patty's owner Mike Gurevich reported the Waltham location has unfortunately fallen through. Instead, he and his team are developing a new concept for the forthcoming Bow Market in Union Square.
- August 23, 2017 - I heard today that Santa Banta is closed to make room for expansion of Moody's next door. An article by the Boston Globe on June 9 stated: "Meanwhile, Santa Banta will reopen in Arlington as Singh Saab, replacing Punjabi Tadka (444 Massachusetts Ave. at Swan Place) at the end of June."
- July 13, 2017 - Ania Zaroda and Michael Gurevich, owners of Boston's Bay Village breakfast and lunch sandwhich shop Mike & Patty's plan to open another restaurant at 584 Moody Street, former site of Griff Furniture Company, before the end of the year.
- March 25, 2017 - Uno Chicago Grill has closed.
- March 2, 2017 - According to Waltham Patch,
the Chillbox frozen yogurt shop at 570 South Street quietly opened at some point over the past month.
- January 23, 2017 - Ruth's Chris Steak House
opened at 500 Totten Pond Road.
- December 31, 2016 - According to a post on the Bring Retail to Waltham Facebook group, Korean fried chicken chain BonChon is planning to open an outlet at 329 Moody Street, the former site of J & N Joke Shop.