My goal is to keep this guide as up to date as possible.
If you have new information about restaurants listed, or I've omitted
your favorite Waltham restaurant, please let me know. Some good suggestions
I've received from readers: list Kosher and Halal restaurants, list places that have brunch,
note whether the restaurant delivers, or has takeout. All Waltham restaurants are now
Reviews or other comments from readers are welcome. Contact Scott at
Alphabetized list of all current restaurants |
All restaurants, by category |
Restaurants on Main and Moody Streets |
Waltham Brunch Page |
The history of Waltham restaurants |
Alphabetized list of all restaurants, open and closed |
Reviews of all restaurants, open and closed |
of restaurants that have closed
News and reviews
- July 13, 2017 - Ania Zaroda and Michael Gurevich, owners of Boston's Bay Village breakfast and lunch sandwhich shop Mike & Patty's plan to open another restaurant at 584 Moody Street, former site of Griff Furniture Company, before the end of the year.
- March 25, 2017 - Uno Chicago Grill has closed.
- March 2, 2017 - According to Waltham Patch,
the Chillbox frozen yogurt shop at 570 South Street quietly opened at some point over the past month.
- February 26, 2017 - A sign on the door of the former site of Mimi's and later Biagio Express on Carter Street says
"Coming soon Tap-Tap Station Authentic Haitian Cuisine"
- January 23, 2016 - Ruth's Chris Steak House
opened at 500 Totten Pond Road.
- December 31, 2016 - According to a post on the Bring Retail to Waltham Facebook group, Korean fried chicken chain BonChon is planning to open an outlet on Moody Street, at the former site of J & N Joke Shop.
- December, 2016 - Raffaele's Ristorante
opened at 469 Moody Street, where Nonna's Bar & Grill was located.
- December 12, 2016 - Peters Greek Kitchen opened at 1056 Main Street, replacing Cafe Angelinos.
- November, 2016 - New owners opened Marsala's Italian Kitchen at 897 Main Street, replacing Sabatino's
- November 9, 2016 - Brewer's Tap & Table opened at 256 Moody Street. They feature a wealth of globally inspired food, a hefty amount of New England craft beers, and a wide selection of bourbon. Watch City Brewing Company operated at this site until 2014.
- September 12, 2016 - Biagio Express confirmed that
they are now closed.
- August, 2016 - The city council approved a permit for a Greek frozen yogurt shop, Chillbox Frozen Yogurt, on South Street.
- August 19, 2016 - The Asia Wok restaurant on Main Street is closed after a fire last night caused about $20,000 in damages. They plan to reopen after repairs.
- July 29, 2016 - Second location of Brelundi
opened at the Watch Factory on Crescent Street.